Health benefits of sleep
Some studies have shown that people who do not get enough hours of sleep are more likely to develop obesity and accumulate fats and the problems and risks that follow, as sleep affects appetite hormones as well as physical activity, and people who get enough hours of sleep have hormones controlled Appetite, and thus their caloric intake is reduced
Many researchers found that getting enough hours of sleep helps people with some acute and chronic pain reduce the feeling of pain of course besides taking medications, and it is worth noting that in some cases where it is difficult to sleep because of the pain is prescribed medications to help sleep and relax
Other sleep benefits
Sleep has many benefits, whether for an individual’s health or for his life in general, and these include:
- Modify mood in general.
- Remove dark circles around the eyes.
- Improve memory, as during the sleep hours the brain remembers the events that a person went through while awake.
- Adequate sleep leads to overall health and thus longer life, according to one of the studies on the benefits of sleeping on the body.
- Getting enough hours of sleep reduces the risk of heart disease, stroke and premature aging.
- Improving the brain’s ability to understand, memorize and understand, and thus students getting enough hours of sleep helps them increase their educational and study achievement, and makes them more active.
- Sleep helps relieve stress, depression and anxiety.
- Reducing the possibility of accidents, as not getting enough sleep weakens the focus and this greatly affects if a person is forced to drive.