Because the climate turns colder, many people are prepared for some basic winter dishes. ACCESS PT not too long ago held a wholesome recipe contest for our staff, and we obtained so many nice submissions. Thanks to all workers who submitted recipes, and congratulations to the three winners! Take a look at their recipes under.
First Place: Gradual Cooker Lemon Kale Rooster Soup
Submitted by Claudine DiNapoli, Affected person Care Consultant
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless hen breasts
- 6 cups hen bone broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- Three handfuls chopped kale
- half of cup contemporary lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. chopped contemporary flat leaf parsley
- Mix hen, broth, onion, kale, and lemon juice in sluggish cooker. Season with sea salt and contemporary pepper.
- Cook dinner on low for 6-Eight hours.
- Stir in parsley and serve!
Second Place: Turkey Sausage, Candy Potato and Kale Soup
Submitted by Andrew McCauley, PT, DPT – Cary, NC
- 1 lb candy turkey sausage
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- contemporary garlic, minced (to style – the extra the higher in my view!)
- 2-Three candy potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 4-6 cups hen inventory
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 bunch of kale
- Totally prepare dinner sausage in olive oil.
- Stir within the onion, and prepare dinner 2-Three minutes till translucent.
- Add minced garlic and stir 1-2 minutes, till aromatic.
- Add candy potatoes, seasonings, hen inventory, and bay leaf.
- Boil partially coated for 20 minutes, or till candy potatoes soften.
- Take away bay leaf and add kale.
- Cowl and let kale prepare dinner for five minutes.
Third Place: Rooster Broccoli & Rice Bake
Submitted by Diana Schmale, Affected person Coordinator – Honesdale, PA
- Three cup steamable bag of cauliflower rice
- 1 half of cup steamable bag of broccoli
- 12 oz. cooked hen, shredded
- 1 cup diminished fats cheese, grated (I exploit cheddar)
- 1 cup diminished fats alfredo sauce
- 2 tbsp grated pecorino romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 levels. Flippantly spray a 13×9 casserole dish and put aside.
- Steam cauliflower and broccoli.
- Add cauliflower, broccoli, shredded hen, 3/Four cup of the grated cheese, and alfredo sauce to a big bowl. Stir till mixed.
- Pour combination into ready casserole dish, and high with remaining 1/Four cup of cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes till cheese is melted.